News

Early morning house fire in Nelson

Nelson Fire Rescue  were called out to a small house blaze early this morning. - File Photo
Nelson Fire Rescue were called out to a small house blaze early this morning.
— image credit: File Photo

Nelson Fire Rescue were on site of a house blaze on Wednesday morning.

At approximately 2 a.m., a call came in from a homeowner who reported that her home was on fire.

When the on-duty crew responded with one engine, they found the service line to the house on Granite Road had burned off with fire damage to surrounding foliage and charring to the fascia and soffits.

Fortunately there was no extension to the interior of the house.

Nelson Hydro was called to the scene and disconnected the power to the home.

Nelson Fire Rescue would like to remind the public to try to reduce coniferous vegetation from within three metres surrounding your residence and to ensure you have a working smoke alarm in your home.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

McDonnell named Nelson’s top citizen
 
Federal budget hikes tobacco tax, sets up surplus
 
Haunted Halloween house helps the hungry
Lumby youth lend support to Winter Games
 
Frozen beef burgers recalled for possible E. coli contamination
 
Telethon dials up support for kids
Penticton neighbourhood up in signs
 
District of Sparwood shuts down Well #3 due to selenium levels
 
Cities target gaps in care for mentally ill

Community Events, November 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 30 edition online now. Browse the archives.