- 2015 Federal Election
Early morning house fire in Nelson
Nelson Fire Rescue were on site of a house blaze on Wednesday morning.
At approximately 2 a.m., a call came in from a homeowner who reported that her home was on fire.
When the on-duty crew responded with one engine, they found the service line to the house on Granite Road had burned off with fire damage to surrounding foliage and charring to the fascia and soffits.
Fortunately there was no extension to the interior of the house.
Nelson Hydro was called to the scene and disconnected the power to the home.
Nelson Fire Rescue would like to remind the public to try to reduce coniferous vegetation from within three metres surrounding your residence and to ensure you have a working smoke alarm in your home.