Arson charge pending in Nelson truck fire

That truck fire in Nelson this week was no accident, police say.

Police say the fire that destroyed a pick-up truck this week on Josephine St. was deliberately set.

That truck fire in Nelson this week was no accident, police say.

Interviews with witnesses and a canvas of the area led to the arrest of a 28-year-old man who is expected to face a charge of arson.

Sgt. Nate Holt said the man has been released with extensive conditions and will be in court Jan. 5. He was not previously known to police.

“This matter appears to be an isolated incident and there is no need for the public to be concerned or fear additional offences,” Holt said.

The fire in the 400 block of Josephine St. around 12:30 a.m. Wednesday gutted a 2012 Ford F-350 pick-up truck owned by a business.

The fire started in the truck’s cab.