- B.C. Wildfires
- Good News
- Submit News Tip
- Trending Now
- Photo Galleries
- Special Sections
- Contact Us
- Site Map
The border crossing southwest of Rossland was named for Archibald Neil Paterson (1865-1935).
A woman convicted in a series of local armed robberies should serve five years in prison, Crown counsel argued last week.
The Slocan Valley community of Passmore has a confusing naming history, including two or three possible namesakes.
Video cameras and logs will both roll during the annual Kaslo May Days Logger Sports this month.
Ahead of Local Government Awareness Week in BC, we study the complicated history of municipalities in our area.
Park Siding, on the Nelson and Fort Sheppard Railway, a few kilometers northeast of Fruitvale, was named for nearby landowner Andrew Park.
Roger Kerby recently returned from the Canadian Masters badminton championship in Halifax with three medals.
Oro, which means gold in Italian and Spanish, was a townsite at the junction of Lemon and Crusader Creeks in the Slocan Valley.
A photo collection that has produced some incredible historic images of West Kootenay is now the subject of an exhibit in North Vancouver.
Ootischenia is one of two Doukhobor place names that remain widely used in West Kootenay.
Local traffic police are urging motorists to slow down after catching more than a dozen vehicles going at least 40 km/h over the limit.
Oasis, just north of Trail, was originally called Crockettville after Harrison (Shorty) Crockett (1903-90) and his wife Kathleen (Kate).
The owner of Meadow Creek Cedar is growing medicinal marijuana on the company’s former mill site.
It’s not as uncommon as it used to be, but it’s still a big deal when someone turns 100.
Niagara was a railway boom town in the Boundary at the confluence of Fisherman Creek and the North Fork of the Kettle River.
There’s no mystery about New Denver’s origin: it comes from Denver, Col.
Several international artists are expected in Nelson late this summer to create stone pieces at the foot of Baker St.
Since 1947, at least 65 people in West Kootenay/Boundary have received freedom of the city or village.
New Denver was formerly called Eldorado. And before that, it was briefly called Slocan City.
When was the last time a matter concerning the Kootenays ended up before the country’s high court?