This photo, lining up two of Nelson’s most prominent phantom signs, was taken from the Hall St. wharf with a zoom lens.
A.S. Horswill moved his wholesale business into 524 Vernon St. sometime between 1915 and 1917, in what was then known as the McDonald block, and operated until the late 1920s. It’s presently Jackson’s Hole.
Swift’s Canada Co., meanwhile, was in business at 611 Front St. by 1913. The smokehouse operated for the next 40 years. The building is now Reo’s Video.