Nominations are open for this year’s Citizen of the Year, organized by the Knights of Columbus and sponsored by the Nelson Star.
The rules governing nominations are as follows:
• A group or individual may submit one or more nominations.
• A nominee should be a person who has made outstanding contributions in community service, cultural activities, recreation or civic service, youth work, religious activity, community promotions or activity of such nature.
• The nomination form is available online at www.nelsonstar.com or from the Nelson Star office (91 Baker Street in the CPR Station). It is important that you list, for the judges, all of the qualifications that prompt you to make the nomination.
• A nominee must be a resident of the Nelson area since or before January 2006.
• A nominee cannot be a member of the sponsoring committee.
• Permission of your nominee is not required prior to your nomination. The nominee’s permission will be obtained before the award is presented.
The nomination form is attached below. Nominations should be sent no later than 5:00 p.m. on February 21 to
Citizen of the Year
c/o the Nelson Star
91-B Baker St.
A public function for the presentation of the award will be held in March, on a date to be announced.