Chimney fire damages North Shore home

A chimney fire spread to the shake roof of a Crescent Beach home Thursday evening.

No one was injured when a chimney fire spread to the roof of a Crescent Bay home on Thursday.

No one was injured when a chimney fire spread to the roof of a Crescent Bay home on Thursday.

A chimney fire damaged a Crescent Beach home Thursday evening.

The Balfour-Harrop fire department responded to the call around 8:30 p.m. and arrived to find the shake roof fully involved. The fire spread to the upstairs bedrooms and bathroom.

A total of 21 firefighters responded from both the Balfour-Harrop and North Shore fire departments, along with paramedics.

As there are no hydrants in the area, two tenders from Balfour-Harrop and one from North Shore shuttled water from a hydrant to the fire.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the second floor. There were no injuries.