Interior Health is advising Kaslo and area residents that due to limited physician availability the Victorian Community Health Centre Emergency Department will be closed:
* 5 p.m. Tuesday, August 6 to 8 a.m. Wednesday August 7
* 5 p.m. Friday, August 9 to 8 a.m. Monday, August 12
* 5 p.m. Monday, August 12 to 8 a.m. Tuesday, August 13
Outside these hours, the emergency department will be open.
Interior Health says they continue to actively recruit for permanent and locum physicians and regrets this temporary change to the usual 24/7 hours of service. IH will provide regular updates on any additional changes to normal services.
Kaslo and area residents should take note of the following if they require care when the emergency department is closed:
* In the event of an emergency, call 9-1-1.
* Visit the emergency department at Kootenay Lake Hospital in Nelson.
* For non-urgent needs, visit a walk-in clinic in Nelson.
* Note the weekend and holiday hours of your local pharmacy/drug store, and ensure your prescriptions are up to date.
* Call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1 (24 hour service), if you are unsure about your need to go to the emergency department.