The Ministry of Forests says the company has asked the regional executive director to be granted until March 23 to complete its submissions.
Previously a follow-up hearing was expected to happen by Monday.
The license remained suspended in the meantime.
The company is also asking the Forest Appeals Commission to reduce its $42,000 fine for silviculture infractions.
However, Ministry spokesman Brennan Clarke says the commission has requested for some additional information from the company before it makes any further decisions.
Meanwhile, although WorkSafeBC indicated over a year ago that the company faced a fine for a series of workplace safety violations, none has yet been levied.
The mill has been idle for close to a year following a series of mishaps that led to lost fingers and a broken leg. The company was cited for at least 65 workplace safety violations.