School District 8 has promoted several acting principals to permanent roles.
Paul Luck of Trafalgar Middle school and South Nelson Elementary’s Monica Doyle will each take over as full-time principals, according to a district release.
Other changes include:
• Mary Ann Gashnitz will return as principal of Blewett Elementary. Acting principal Lindsay Mackay will join the innovative learning team and take on the early learning portfolio until the end of the school year and then return to her classroom in the fall.
• Salmo Elementary principal Jann Schmidt will become principal of both Salmo Elementary and Salmo Secondary school. Acting vice-principal Misty Terpstra will become vice-principal of Salmo Secondary, while acting vice-principal Jen Kooznetsoff will become vice-principal of Salmo Elementary School.
• Acting vice-principal Ron Sherman will become vice-principal of L.V. Rogers.
• Acting vice-principal Dawn Snell will become vice-principal of Trafalgar Middle School.
• Director of human resources Deanna Holitzki will become director of instruction. Her portfolio will include inclusion, DESK/Homelinks/MyEd, and aboriginal education.
• Director of inclusion Ben Eaton will become director of instruction. His portfolio will include innovative learning, SafeSchools, critical incident response team, and international education.
• Director of innovative learning Lorri Fehr will return to the district in September and become director of instruction: human resources.
• Acting director of innovative learning services Naomi Ross will return to her position as district principal of innovative learning.
• Sandy Prentice, manager of international relations, has announced her retirement.