Several local trails have been closed as the province tries to contain the COVID-19 outbreak.
Seven locations around Nelson are impacted by the Recreation Sites and Trails BC closures. They include Clearwater Nordic, Crusader Cabin, Copper Hut, Grassy Hunt, Giveout Cabin and Huckleberry Hut.
The Beaver Valley cross-country ski trails have also been closed.
Other trails shut down include:
• Castlegar’s Paulson Cross-Country and Steed Hut.
• Nakusp: Box Lake, Halfway River Hotsprings and Mount Abriel trails, as well as the Wensley cross-country ski trails.
• Kaslo: Meadow Mountain Cabin.
• New Denver: Wragge Beach.
• Riondel: Garland Bay and Bernard Beach.
• Creston: Ripple Cabin,
• Rossland: Blackjack Cross Country and Rossland Range.
We’ll update this list as more are added.