I am writing about the December 2 article New downtown cell tower, Telus upgrades service. With evidence growing of the inadvisability of living or working near cell towers, and with more and more medical cases appearing related to over-exposure to radio frequency and microwave electromagnetic fields, I have to wonder why Nelson is okay with having a cell tower with “cutting edge antennas” situated right in the middle of downtown?
Nelson already has more than enough radio frequency and microwave energy to deal with now that Nelson Hydro has equipped all our houses with Itron C1SR radio frequency hydro meters that give off omni-directional bursts of radio frequency and microwave energy every 30 seconds, 24/7 into all of our homes (yes they do).
I think most people living in Nelson are here for the quality of life this area offers. These radio frequency and microwave fields may be invisible but they are measureable and the biological effects of them are known and are physical. Many studies show there are non-thermal biological effects that occur at levels far below Safety Code 6, Canada’s safety guideline.
If anyone wishes to research more information on all of this citizensforsafetechnology.org is a good place to start.
Nelson, are we really okay with all of this?