- Good News
- Submit News Tip
- Trending Now
- Photo Galleries
- Special Sections
- Contact Us
- Site Map
Mineral City, six or seven miles up Cariboo Creek from Burton was concocted by Rossland interests.
Many theories exist about how Midway got its name.
Meadows was one of the original stops on the Nelson and Fort Sheppard Railway.
Having spent the last three weeks looking into the origins of Howser, we backtrack a bit to examine where the name Duncan came from.
Brilliant, at the confluence of the Kootenay and Columbia rivers, was named in 1908 after Doukhobor leader Peter Verigin bought land there.