Early morning blaze at Hume Hotel

!A fire broke out in the laundry room of the Hume Hotel on Sunday morning. - web photo
  • updated Sep 21, 2014 at 11:08 AM

A fire started in the laundry room at the Hume Hotel at about 7 a.m. this morning. Damage is estimated at $25,000.

Sports

Leafs drop 5-4 decision in overtime

  • posted Sep 20, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Kamloops Storm scored in overtime to hand the Nelson Leafs their first loss of the young season.

News

New RDCK boardroom furniture installed

  • updated Sep 20, 2014 at 8:04 PM

The Regional District of the Central Kootenay’s new board room furniture was used for the first time Thursday.

News

Nelson bus stop bulletin board lit on fire

  • updated Sep 20, 2014 at 8:05 PM

The Nelson fire department say a fire downtown Nelson could have been much worse had it spread to the overhead structure.

Community

AIDS Walk for life

  • posted Sep 20, 2014 at 12:00 PM

The local AIDS Network Kootenay Outreach and Support Society have surpassed they fundraising goal with this year's AIDS Walk for Life.

Nelson Star Videos

Question of the Day

Should the City of Nelson spend $5,000 to help create a study on developing a homeless camp?

Community Events, September 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Sep 19 edition online now. Browse the archives.